"Sacred Passage Doula Phase 1 is the first of a 2 phase program leading to the Conscious Dying Institute's Certificate as a Sacred Passage Doula. If you are seeking continuing education credits through Cumberland Institute, please contact Teresa Greene, Cumberland Institute Administrator, (615) 370-9794 x 10, Teresa@cumberlandinstitute.com
It is a 3 day program offered throughout the year in Boulder, Colorado and locations across the country and offers 24 Continuing Education Credits (CEU's). The program can be taken as a stand alone course.
The program is for nurse leaders, clinicians, healing arts professionals, home and family caregivers. It increases the skills needed to care for clients, patients, friends and families who increasingly face end of life.
The program is for anyone wishing to serve at end of life, including people interested in exploring their own mortality and desiring to deepen their present moment awareness and a full experience of life.
The Phase 1 program is a life passage journey connecting us to our collective roots and to the impermanence of life. This deep, compassionate program creates emotional congruence and completion in relationships -past, present and future. Assisted by live music, restorative & releasing “practices for death”, vision mapping for end of life, grief and forgiveness activities, we unify our spirit, soul and body, healing our profound sense of separation and isolation experienced too often in our culture today
In this immersion we will explore our dreams, hopes and fears surrounding death. This dialogue in both large group and pairs, restores trust in ourselves and each other, creates intimacy, builds community, openness and increases our capacity to be supportive companions at end of life within our own communities. We honor the inevitability of our mortality and attend to the simple basic human intimate needs for holding, listening, openness, forgiveness and love.
The Sacred Passage Guidance Phase 1 changes end of life care by transforming caregivers. It prepares caregivers across all settings to be authentically present, communicate with vulnerability, honesty, and compassion and administer palliative-based comfort care healing modalities to anyone, regardless of health status by focusing on improving care at the end of life.
You will learn transformational, evidence-based, caring healing practices guided by the Caring Science Theory of Dr. Jean Watson and Conscious Dying Principles and Practices by Tarron Estes.
The Phase 1 program shifts:
- Curative care to healing care
- Physical exhaustion to vitality
- Undiscussable challenging topics into confidently supported conversations
- Unexpressed wishes to beauty-filled visions and Best Life Care plans
- Unexpressed feelings into life satisfaction and completion
Participants will be able to implement the Conscious Dying Principles and Practices:
1. Increase beauty, pleasure, contentment
2. Provide emotional and spiritual support
3. Initiate conversations about dying process
4. Practice Self Care to reduce burnout and emotional fatigue
5. Demystify the stages of the dying process
6. Acknowledge mysteries, miracles and unexplained events
7. Learn How to be with intense emotions
8. Honor other’s beliefs without them threatening your own
9. Be a Steward of conscious death
10. Attend at bedside No one dies alone
The program benefits all involved in the care of life, love, family and healing. It is the preparation we need to befriend death, surrender and trust deeply in each moment, and become supportive end of life companions. We expand from expertise in clinical practices to offer comforting care people want and need most.
- Yoga students, teachers and teacher trainings (supportive coursework/in-service training)
- Caregivers, therapists, and nurses, hospice volunteers (Continuing Education Credits)
- Community Organizations, and Faith Based groups (in-service)
- Senior Community and Long Term Care leaders and staff (Continuing Education)
- Health Care Systems’ Clinicians who positively improve HCHAPS specifically nurse/patient communication, patient satisfaction, and quality of life
For more information contact Tarron Estes @ 303-619-7902 or Tarron@ConsciousDyingInstitute.com
I look forward to being with you for this transformative, life changing event,