Conscious Dying Educator Training is for EOL Doula Certificate Graduates who have a strong call to teach. (Exceptions are sometimes made on case by case basis). 62 CEUs are offered for this onsite course in Boulder, CO USA taking place in conjunction with the EOL Doula Certificate Course on the following dates:
- 3-Day Workshop – Sep 8-10 in
- 5-Day Workshop – Nov 8-12
* This is a multi phased program, so registration for both workshops is required
Conscious Dying Educators in Training:
Receive Personal Mentoring by CDI Faculty prior, during and after to onsite courses deepening their capacity to teach segments of Conscious Dying Education
Dive into the EOL Doula Certificate course again from the perspective of an educator
Support EOL Doulas in training during course
Work closely with other CDE trainees during breakout sessions in the onsite course, clarifying their teaching skills and components
Design and Implement their CDE Community Educator Project
A fundamental assumption of Conscious Dying Education is that the nature of our heart is to give back the love, care and wisdom we receive. Conscious Dying Education Teacher Training prepares graduates of Sacred Passage: End of Life Doula Certificate Programs to facilitate Conscious Dying Education and Care. It's a course of study for those who wish to bring this important work into their communities--to transmit their heart wisdom to others.
A Conscious Dying Educator will offer Conscious Dying Principles, Practices, and Philosophy to community organizations such as Senior Communities and Faith-based organizations, increasing the number of patients and families receiving comforting healing care they want and need most at end of life.
The Conscious Dying Educator will utilize the Best Three Months of Life Care Plan, supporting people in their communities to identify and fulfill their end of life wishes and priorities in all domains of life.
Conscious Dying Education Teacher Training prepares graduates of Sacred Passage Guidance Certificate Program to offer Best Three Months: End of Life Coaching and Care to communities and to facilitate Conscious Dying Education.
The intention of the teacher training is to increase the number of patients and families comforting healing care they want and need most at end of life in all home and health care settings. And to broaden the reach of Conscious Dying Education to colleges of nursing, faith based groups, senior communities, and gatherings to support families and communities to understand a variety of care modalities and care situations that all them to make healthy choices before during and after death.
The program builds upon these requirements:
· Prerequisite - completion of the Sacred Passage Guidance End of Life Doula Certificate. (Exceptions may be granted on a case by case basis.)
· Phase I - Attendance during Phase 1 Doula Certificate, Friday, Sep 8 - Sunday, Sep 10, 2017, as a Teacher in Training with Special Mentoring prior to onset with Founder and Faculty
· Phase II Independent Project - Design and implement a Conscious Dying Education event in your community. Choose elements of the Conscious Dying Education Sacred Philosophy and Theory to integrate into your teaching practice.
· Phase III - Attendance at the 5-day End of Life Doula Certificate Workshop, Wednesday, Nov 8 - Sunday, Nov 12, 2017, (or alternate option case by case basis) as a Teacher in Training demonstrating project outcomes in the classroom.
The Teacher in Training will:
- Receive Mentoring by CDI Faculty
- Complete Student Project following Phase I and prior to Phase III: Design and Deliver a Conscious Dying Education Community Event supported by CDI materials and content
- Identify "Resonance" segments of CDI Principles, Practices and Philosophies for unique specializations and teaching tools
- Present Project in Phase III