This one-day conference is offered by the Division of FaithHealth, Department of FaithHealth Ministries and FaithHealth Education, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center and Novant Forsyth Medical Center. The focus is to increase authentic caring connection, compassionate communication, and comforting healing for self and patients. The conference will provide emotional and spiritual support to the deserving caregiving population allowing them to identify the impact of death and dying in their lives. It will provide renewal, release, relaxation and increase their ability to provide this deeply needed care to others.
Target Audience: This conference invites nursing assistants, nurses and front line staff to spend a day in a transformative educational process that brings healing presence to the sacred journey of death and dying with patients and families.
Friday October 9 from 8:45 AM to 4:45 PM
1) Explore one's own relationship to death.
2) Renew purpose and power as caring healing practitioners.
3) Identify current practices offered by institutions and/or congregations at end of life.
4) Define best practices for healing presence for patients and families near time of death of a loved one.
5) Experience selected best practices for holistic care of patients and families.
6) Experience selected best practices for practitioner self care.