Prerequisite for this course is completion of End of Life Doula Certificate.
Conscious Dying Education Teacher Training offers 62 CEUs and is offered in Boulder, CO USA on the following dates.
- 3-Day Workshop – Jan 27-29
- 5-Day Workshop – Mar 29-Apr 2
* This is a multi phased program, so registration for both workshops is required
A fundamental assumption of Conscious Dying Education is that the nature of our heart is to give back the love, care and wisdom we receive. Conscious Dying Education Teacher Training prepares graduates of Sacred Passage: End of Life Doula Certificate Programs to facilitate Conscious Dying Education and Care. It's a course of study for those who wish to bring this important work into their communities--to transmit their heart wisdom to others. Conscious Dying Education Teacher Training prepares graduates of Sacred Passage Guidance Certificate Program and Best Three Months: End of Life Coaching course to facilitate Conscious Dying Education.
The intention of the teacher training is to increase the number of patients and families comforting healing care they want and need most at end of life in all home and health care settings. And to broaden the reach of Conscious Dying Education to colleges of nursing, faith based groups, senior communities, and gatherings to support families and communities to understand a variety of care modalities and care situations that all them to make healthy choices before during and after death.
A Conscious Dying Educator will offer Conscious Dying Principles, Practices, and Philosophy to community organizations such as Senior Communities and Faith-based organizations, increasing the number of patients and families receiving comforting healing care they want and need most at end of life.
The Conscious Dying Educator will utilize the Best Three Months of Life Care Plan, supporting people in their communities to identify and fulfill their end of life wishes and priorities in all domains of life.
The program builds upon these requirements:
- Prerequisite - completion of the Sacred Passage Guidance End of Life Doula Certificate. (Exceptions may be granted on a case by case basis.)
- Phase I - Attendance during Phase 1 Doula Certificate, Friday, January 27 - Sunday, January 29, 2017, as a Teacher in Training with Special Mentoring prior to onset with Founder and Faculty
- Phase II Independent Project - Design and implement a Conscious Dying Education event in your community. Choose elements of the Conscious Dying Education Sacred Philosophy and Theory to integrate into your teaching practice.
- Phase III - Attendance at the 5-day End of Life Doula Certificate Workshop, Wednesday, March 29 - Sunday, April 2, 2017, (or alternate option case by case basis) as a Teacher in Training demonstrating project outcomes in the classroom.
The Teacher in Training will:
- Receive Mentoring by CDI Faculty
- Complete Student Project following Phase I and prior to Phase III: Design and Deliver a Conscious Dying Education Community Event supported by CDI materials and content
- Identify "Resonance" segments of CDI Principles, Practices and Philosophies for unique specializations and teaching tools
- Present Project in Phase III
Directors of Nursing, Health Care Educators, Healing Arts Professionals, Clinical Professionals, Senior Community Leaders, Hospice and Palliative Care Leaders and Caring Professionals who have met application requirements and been accepted for the Conscious Dying Institute (CDI)Teacher Training Program.
CEUs & Program Requirements:
CEUs provided (currently estimated at 62 nursing contact hours)
In order to receive certificate, participants must complete:
- Student Application prior to registering & attending the program(s).
- Attendance at prerequisite Sacred Passage Guidance Certificate Program(s).
- Full engagement in all learning activities of onsite course involving group/individual/partner exercises; conference calls, webinars, social networking and to work with Faculty mentor/guides(s) in exploring concepts, ideas, personal growth and coaching experiences as assigned. These may include, and are not limited to: personal reflective journaling that increase understanding and application core concepts and principles and increase self-care.
- Complete and submit all program evaluations.