Vancouver BC: Sacred Passage: End of Life Doula Certificate Program - Phase 1: July 6-8, 2018 | Phase 2: Sep 24-28, 2018
Join our thriving Sacred Passage Doula Community of British Columbia in the upcoming End of Life Doula Training in Vancouver, BC, Canada!
Program Overview & Unique Benefits and Outcomes of the Sacred Passage: End of Life Doula Certificate
- Phase 1 - 3-Day onsite Workshop July 6-8, 2018
- Conscious Dying Practices for Awakening Now! Transformational Learning for Self Care and Service
- Between Phase 1 and 2: "Best 3 Months: End of Life Coaching and Care Planning" an end of life engagement, communication, life fulfillment process establishing Spiritual, Emotional, Physical, Life Review, After Death Care priorities. This virtual 12-week phase is completed with a Student Partner and two Community Partners. This takes place via internet, phone or in person and is required.
- Phase 2 - 5-Day Workshop Sept 24-28, 2018
- Five Domains of Life Healing Modality Training
- Doula Business Development
- The Conscious Dying Institute provides students with substantial PDF Resource Guides of reading and writing assignments before each phase. There are also books for required reading.
The Sacred Passage Doula: End of Life Doula Certificate Program benefits all those involved in the care of life, love, family, and healing. From healthcare professionals to concerned family members to end-of-life experts, this provides the preparation needed to befriend death, surrender and trust deeply in each moment, become part of the next great evolution in healthcare, and become a supportive and effective end-of-life companion.
For those wishing to dive even deeper with a calling to teach this work, you may also enter the Conscious Dying Institute Master's Path.
What is a Sacred Passage Doula?
Sacred Passage Doulas are frontline end of life caregivers who offer healing care to families and patients during critical illness and the dying process. They work individually or in teams, being available around the clock, filling the care-gaps before, nearing and during death. Their compassionate presence increases quality-of-life moments of the families and patients they serve. The presence of a Sacred Passage Doula at bedside assures that families and loved ones can focus on what is most important throughout the dying time.
Who Is It For?
Frontline staff, nurses, clinicians, healing arts professionals, home and family caregivers, or anyone wishing to serve at the end of life, including those interested in exploring their own mortality and desiring to deepen their present moment awareness and full experience of life.
How Does It Work?
The Sacred Passage: Doula Certificate Program changes end of life care by transforming caregivers who return the emotional, spiritual, physical, practical care and loving experience they receive to the patients and families they serve. It prepares caregivers to be authentically present, communicate with vulnerability, honesty, and compassion and administer palliative-based comfort care healing modalities to anyone, in any setting, regardless of health status.
Sacred Passage Doula, Phase 1 & 2
This is a 2-phase program leading to the Conscious Dying Institute Sacred Passage: End of Life Doula Certificate. These non-residential workshops are not offered separately.
The program is designed to bring the caregiver into a deeper understanding of, and peace with, his or her own mortality. After all, it is hard to comfort the dying if the comforter is feeling fear. Through live music, restorative and releasing “practices for death”, vision mapping for end of life, grief and forgiveness activities, and other clinically-tested tools, participants heal their own sense of separation an isolation from life, and death.
From this place of greater self-understanding, there is a far greater capacity for holding one another, listening attentively, being open and honest, and offering forgiveness and love. In this setting, transformational, evidence-based, caring and healing practices are taught through the Caring Science Theory of Dr. Jean Watson and Conscious Dying Principles and Practices of Tarron Estes.
- Moving from curative care of the physical body to healing care of the whole person
- Creating vitality instead of physical exhaustion
- Offering supported conversations instead of challenging topics
- Making space for beauty-filled visions and Best Life Care plans instead of unexpressed wishes
- Transmuting unexpressed feelings into life satisfaction and completion
- Implementing complementary therapies in 5 domains of life: Spiritual, Emotional, Physical, Life Review, After Death Care.
- Creating caring healing environments for patients and staff
- Create caring healing relationships that nurture self and others
- Creating caring communication and conversational confidence with staff, residents, patients and families regarding care choices at end of life
- Facilitating sharing of stories of grief, loss, miracles, mysteries and unexplainable events with family, staff, and patients
- Administering life completion practices including forgiveness, gratitude, legacy, grief work.
Participants will be able to implement the Conscious Dying Principles and Practices:
- Increase beauty, pleasure, contentment
- Provide emotional and spiritual support
- Initiate conversations about the dying process
- How and when to practice self care to reduce burnout and emotional fatigue
- Demystify the stages of the dying process
- Acknowledge mysteries, miracles, and unexplained events
- Learn how to be with intense emotions, in self and others
- How to honor other’s beliefs without them threatening your own
- Be a Steward of a conscious death
- Attend at bedside so that no one dies alone
Registration for Sacred Passage: End of Life Doula Certificate Program
To register, please click the “REGISTER NOW” button below. The total program price is $2,595.00 (USD). Paypal financing and early bird discounts may be available. This event is held in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Program times are 9am - 5pm or 9am - 8pm, with breaks for lunches and dinners. Exact schedules and itineraries will be provided at registration.
The regular Canadian program price is $2,595.00 USD, comparable to the US program price of $2995 USD. Early registration discounts and payment options are available.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: No refunds. If for any reason you need to cancel your attendance for this event, we will happily reschedule for another program within 12 months.
If you would like more information: email@example.com